Monday 20 January 2014

Most Anticipated Romances of 2014 (so far)

























I am so excited about the upcoming year in terms of book releases so I thought I'd share some of my most anticipated reads of 2014 (so far). I decided to be quite disciplined and not pick anything that comes out in the latter part of the year as it is just too long to wait! Maybe you can look forward to a part two...



I cannot explain how much I appreciate the hard work that goes into writing books, especially after following copious amounts of authors on twitter, but it's still heartbreaking when you devour a book and have to wait a year(s) for the next. To ease this pain I've tried to be crafty and pick a book released every couple of months for the first half of the year.

The following little tid-bits also have a link to the book description on Goodreads, you know, if you want to know what the book is actually about (I think about these things):

1). The Unpredictable Consequences of Love - Jill Mansell: I am so excited about this book, probably the most excited a person can be about a book (apart from all the other books below, obviously). Mansell is one of my favourite all time authors and her books are always on my auto-buy list and I can't wait to sit back and relax over the release weekend with a massive cup of hot chocolate. Out January 30th.

2). The Little Beach Street Bakery - Jenny Colgan: Regular visitors to the blog will know that I love Colgan's recent spate of 'do-over' chick-lit novels with women reinventing their seemingly mundane lives and I cannot wait for this next one. Sure not to disappoint, Colgan's latest is out March 13th

3). Three Weeks with Lady X - Eloisa James: I love James and I love her Desperate Duchess series and I am so glad that she's coming back to the series with this, the seventh, out March 25th.

4). Written in My Own Heart's Blood - Diana Gabaldon: I don't think that Gabaldon's books need any introduction to most readers and the latest, and long awaited, in the series is due out on the 10th of June - supposedly to coincide with the release of the Starz tv adaptation of the first book, Outlander. 

5). Landline - Rainbow Rowell: Rowell has seen some considerable success with her recent Young Adult novels but it's been a while since she released an adult offering. Having loved her YA books but not so much her previous adult novel, Attachments, I am really curious about her latest and can't wait to get my hands on it on 8th July.

Worthy of note, but not included in this post due to the lack of pretty cover art, are Paige Toon's Thirteen Weddings (May 8th) and Victoria Dahl's Looking for Trouble (out "summer").

No comments:

Post a Comment